U.S. Figure Skating Banned List
U.S. Figure Skating is an Olympic sport that has found itself in the middle of numerous sex abuse scandals. In 1999, Craig Maurizi accused figure skating’s top coach, Richard Callaghan, of sexual abuse. His claims were denied and U.S. Figure Skating kept letting Callaghan coach young athletes. Two decades later in March 2018, he filed a new complaint to the new SafeSport committee and they immediately suspended the coach pending investigation. In addition, Callaghan’s name was added to the growing list of U.S. Figure Skating’s banned or suspended members.
U.S. Figure Skating is under fire for failure to report and protect their young athletes from pedophile coaches, trainers, and staff members. They routinely put Olympic glory before the safe welfare of the children in their care.
U.S. Figure Skating Banned List
Persons Banned or Suspended from U.S. Figure Skating Banned List Membership
Last updated June 15, 2018
The following persons have been disciplined by U.S. Figure Skating. According to U.S. Figure Skating, these persons should not be credentialed, nor permitted to coach in any U.S. Figure Skating sponsored or sanctioned activity.
Persons Suspended Pending Final Hearing Panel or U.S. Center for Safesport Determination
- Richard Callaghan, Suspension, beginning on March 6, 2018,
- David Delago. Permanently banned, beginning on June 1, 2018.
- Eugene Heffron, Suspension, beginning on March 21, 2018
- Thomas J. Incantalupo – suspended January 12, 2018
Persons Permanently Banned from U.S. Figure Skating
- Seth Chafetz
- Tonya Harding – lifetime ban effective 1994.
- David Loncar, convicted of 15 counts of possessing child pornography, leading to a prison sentence of three and a half years.
- David Lowery
- Marc Mandina, pleaded guilty to possession of child pornography. He videotaped a 12-year-old female ice skater taking a shower in his San Marcos home. He was sentenced to three years probation and ordered to register as a sex offender.
- Gordon McKellen – lifetime ban effective July 2001.
- Jacqueline Petr Mero – lifetime ban effective June 2003.
- Joseph Mero
- Suzette Navarro
- Erik Pedersen
- Lindsey Sikorski
- Sandra Sikorski
- Genrikh Sretenski
- Regina Sumpter
- Richard Thomas
- Laurie Van Den Bosch
- Renee Velasquez
- Donald Vincent
- Robert Young
Persons Suspended from U.S. Figure Skating
- Roy Cofer, Suspended indefinitely in June 2005.
- Daniel Gray, Suspended indefinitely in March 2003.
- Amy L. McCann, Suspended until October 6, 2018.
- Tricia Rubacky
A complete list of banned and suspended U.S. Figure Skating coaches, trainers, athletes and staff can be found here. http://www.usfsa.org/story?id=84071&menu=memberservices
Note, GR 1.03 states that U.S. Figure Skating will not tolerate or condone any form of harassment (including sexual harassment), misconduct (including sexual, physical and emotional misconduct), bullying or hazing of any of its members including coaches, officials, directors, employees, parents, athletes and volunteers — or any other persons — while they are participating in or preparing for a figure skating activity or event conducted under the auspices of U.S. Figure Skating.
Contact Our Athlete Sexual Abuse Team
If you are a sexual abuse victim of USA Diving sexual abuse, please contact one of our law firms. The call is confidential and there is no charge.
Robert Allard and Lauren Cerri
Corsiglia, Mc Mahon and Allard, LLP
96 North Third Street, Suite 620
San Jose, CA 95112
Estey & Bomberger, LLP
2869 India Street
San Diego, CA 92103
Lorraine Parker and Daniel A. Lipman
Parker Lipman LLP
2300 15th Street, Suite 200
Denver, CO 80202